Monday, February 15, 2010

Building A Rich Internet Application with Javascript and PHP

My most recent article for packtpub.com is titled "Building a Simple Address Book Application with jQuery and PHP"

In the tutorial styled article, I take the audience through the simple steps towards building a powerful Rich Internet Application like Gmail, Gmaps, Google apps using javascript, JSON communication and PHP. Coming from a Rich Internet background (Flash Certified Developer in 2005), I can bet you that the reason why most Google apps make us feel comfortable and can compete with Microsoft tools or desktop its because of one reason, Javascript and AJAX. And this article will give you some introductions on how to build such applications though to some greater extend you would have to employ things like GWT (Google Web Toolkit)....

check out the article on this link and tell me what you think about it:

we will explore the world of jQuery and PHP in achieving an AJAX style simple address book application using the JSON protocol. The basic application will help the user save, view and delete his or her contacts(name and phone). Its a basic application to demonstrate some key jQuery features like DOM transversing, jQquery event binding and AJAX calls with the $.ajax function....

2 comments:

Ahmad Mukoshy said...

Great tutorial, I save a copy to my locals to learn more from it. Keep up the good work boss.

Mambe Nanje said...

@Mukoshy
thanks for the compliment and also for making good use of the tutorial...atleast I can say I am of help to the world...show ya sef