Sunday, June 15, 2008

Will Information Technology also bring blood shed in Africa ?

I watched 'blood diamond' the scary movie about the war in Sierra Leone and I found out this TLA (three letter accronym) DIA which stands for "dis is Africa". The whole movie revealed to me that whenever something is discovered in Africa it leads to blood shed. Things like Ivory, Gold, Diamond, and Oil have all led to brutal killings here in Africa.
So I was wondering if this DIA ( dis is africa ) will also apply to Information technology such that when the boom comes into Africa and many Africans can make money from Technology will there be some sort of War ??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wild guess is there will be war. Not necessarily physical war, rather technological wars between nations or even within, where many will be desperate to acquire some technology before others.
Just an advanced form of competition.